Patsy T. Mink Leadership Alliance
Empowering generations of women entrepreneurs and leaders
The Patsy T. Mink Leadership Alliance began in September 2016 and is a 10-month program designed for emerging women leaders who are committed to personal growth, professional impact, and community change. This program further develops management and leadership skills in an effort to increase the representation of women executives in Hawai‘i. Through facilitated sessions, the cohort will have the opportunity to engage directly with established business professionals and build alliances with fellow Mink Leaders.
Who is right for the program:
The Patsy T. Mink Leadership Alliance is looking for female professionals that are emerging leaders in their field or community.
- Are you an early to mid-career professional or entrepreneur?
- Do you have five years or less of leadership experience in your organization and the community?
- Are you a high potential learner or life-long learner?
- Do you love challenges and problem solving?
- Are you a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and relishes complexity?
- Do you demonstrate leadership at work and in the community?
- Are you an ambitious forward thinker?
- Are you interested in enhancing your supervisory/management skills?
- Do you want to lead and inspire teams?
- Do you want to build your social capital via networking?
- Do you want to make a positive difference?
- Do you want to enhance your influence and negotiation skills?
This is a 10-month program culminating in a Graduation Ceremony. Over the 10 months, attendance is required at 16 of the 18 sessions in order to graduate.
This program is designed to advance management and leadership skills. The cohort will have the opportunity to engage directly with established business professionals and build alliances with fellow Mink Leaders.
Course of Study:
Graduates of the Patsy T. Mink leadership Alliance will enhance their business leadership skills with topics ranging from Change Leadership, Emotional Intelligence, Design Thinking, and Financial Business Acumen. Additionally, the cohort will have reserved seating at three Wahine Forum Network Luncheons, and special seating and coaching at the Wahine Forum Conference.
$3,000 per person
Patsy T. Mink leadership Alliance is offered once a year.
2018-2019: Cohort 3, August 2018- June 2019
2019-2020: Cohort 4, Applications open in April 2019 Cohort 4, August 2019- June 2020
Organization & Participant Benefits
- Leadership development of a professional in your organization
- Exclusive opportunities with recognized community leaders at special events, including Downtown Uncorked
- Reserved seating at the Wahine Forum Conference, the state's top conference exclusively designed for women business leaders
- Exclusive breakout session with the Wahine Forum Conference keynote speaker
- Reserved seating for participants at three Wahine Forum Network Luncheons
- Custom workshops led by local executive women, change leaders, and influencers
- Company recognition as a contributor to the Patsy T. Mink Leadership Alliance and participant recognition as an emerging leader in their community will be publicized in select digital and print marketing materials
- Mink Leader Graduation Ceremony