Patsy T. Mink Leadership Alliance
Empowering generations of women entrepreneurs and leaders
The Patsy T. Mink Leadership Alliance is a 10-month program designed for emerging women leaders who are committed to personal growth, professional impact, and community change. This program further develops management and leadership skills in an effort to increase the representation of women executives in Hawai‘i. Through facilitated sessions, the cohort will have the opportunity to engage directly with established business professionals and build alliances with fellow Mink Leaders.
Who is right for the program:
The Patsy T. Mink Leadership Alliance is looking for female professionals that are emerging leaders in their field and community.
- Are you a high potential learner?
- Do you love challenges and problem solving?
- Are you a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity & relishes complexity?
- Do you demonstrate leadership at work and in the community?
- Are you an ambitious forward thinker?
- Are you a lifelong learner?
- Are you interested in enhancing your supervisory/management skills?
- Do you want to lead & inspire teams?
- Do you want to build your social capital via networking?
- Do you want to make a positive difference?
- Do you want to enhance your influence and negotiation skills?
This is a 10-month program culminating in a Graduation Ceremony. Over the 10 months, attendance is required at 15 of the 17 sessions in order to graduate.
This program is designed to advance management and leadership skills. The cohort will have the opportunity to engage directly with established business professionals and build alliances with fellow Mink Leaders.
Course of Study:
Graduates of the Patsy T. Mink leadership Alliance will enhance their business leadership skills with topics ranging from Leading Authentically, Emotional Intelligence, Leveraging Your Talents, Social Capitol Building, Design Thinking, Strategic Planning, Leading a Collaborative Team, HR as a Strategic Business Partner, Business/Government Intersection, Principles of Negotiation, Financial Business Acumen and Intrapreneurial Thinking. Additionally, the cohort will have reserved seating at three Wahine Forum Network Luncheons, and special seating and coaching at the Wahine Forum Conference.
$3,000 per person
Organization & Participant Benefits
- Leadership development of a professional in your organization
- Company recognition as a contributor to the Patsy T. Mink Leadership Alliance will be publicized in all digital and print marketing materials
- Participant recognition as an emerging leader in their field and community in local digital and print media
- Exclusive opportunities with recognized community leaders at special events, including Downtown Uncorked
- Reserved seating for participant at three Wahine Forum Network Luncheons
- Special seating and coaching at the Wahine Forum Conference in October
- Mink Leader Graduation Ceremony
Cohort 2 deadline: june 30, 2017
Mink Leaders Cohort 1
2017 Leadership Alliance Inagural Cohort Graduation
Congratulations to the inagural cohort of Mink Leaders!
On behalf of the Patsy T. Mink Center for Business & Leadership (MCBL), we would like to extend our warmest congratulations to the Mink Leaders on their graduation from the Leadership Alliance program.
Having completed this six-month program, we hope you feel a sense of great pride and accomplishment. We also hope you'll take the knowledge you've gained, lessons you've learned, and relationships you've built with you as you pursue your professional goals and success.
Most importantly, we ask that you share your skills, talents and expertise to guide and uplift girls and women in your workplaces and communities, so that they may benefit from having a supportive and nurturing environment. it is only through working together and helping each other that we can all truly achieve success.
We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.
Sincerely- MCBL Staff
Terri Funakoshi, Director
Colleen McAluney, Program Manager
Kelli Namba, Program Coordinator