To apply- Send resume to email@example.com
Open to Full time or Part time candidates. Students Welcome
Program Coordinator I– Job Description and Qualifications
Patsy T. Mink Center for Business & Leadership at YWCA of O`ahu
The Patsy T. Mink Center for Business & Leadership (“MCBL”) shall exist under the auspices of the YWCA of O`ahu to provide technical assistance to women entrepreneurs, nascent and established. It shall also provide training and other forms of support, such as coaching and networking to individuals and groups, consistent with the mission and objectives of the YWCA of O`ahu.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for planning and coordinating all operational facets of MCBL. This position requires a person with attention to detail and professionalism; a person dedicated to helping women (and men) from all backgrounds develop the skills and expertise they need to become small business owners and leaders in their organizations.
· Organize and maintain all records, reports, daily operations and communication of MCBL activities and events.
· Schedule client appointments for business and legal counseling; handle appointment confirmations and reminders.
· Generate and send invoices to clients for paid counseling; ensure payment is made prior to appointment.
· Coordinate counseling schedules with MCBL business counselors and communicate schedules regularly.
· Oversee daily operations of Center, including office equipment, computer systems, supplies, scheduling maintenance, etc.
· Perform general office duties, including filing, recordkeeping, client services, answering the phones and assisting walk-ins, etc.
· Coordinate program, workshop, event, and meeting logistics, including scheduling, booking, catering arrangements, communicating with attendees and presenters, assembling/printing materials (i.e. PowerPoint, handouts, nametags, binders, name tents, sign-in sheets, etc.) and other related duties.
· Communicate and promote events to YWCA staff, SBA, resource partners, community partners, etc. to attain optimum enrollment and participation.
· Responsible for required quarterly and annual reports through CenterIC and EDMIS.
· Act as administrative assistant to Director and Program Manager for special projects, Advisory Board Meetings, YWCA and MCBL committees, and MCBL SOP and report requirements.
· Serve as liaison to YWCA staff and work to support various functional areas of the MCBL.
· Maintain client database, including collecting data, data entry, ensuring quality and privacy control of client database, tracking of evaluations and client feedback for continuous improvement.
· Generate monthly e-newsletter and maintain contact lists.
· Generate monthly board news content and work with graphic designer to complete.
· Collect In-Kind Donation Forms; record all donations, grants, program income, etc. in Excel tracking sheet.
· Write and edit various communique including press releases, marketing copy, thank-you cards, proposals, etc.
Adheres to YWCA policies and consistently upholds established procedures and processes pertaining to membership, hospitality, and YWCA programs.
· Work performed in an air-conditioned office.
· Able to travel as needed and work independently offsite at events.
· Evening and weekend work required as scheduled.
· Equipment use: Telephone, desktop computer, laptop computer and photocopier.
· Mental demands: Mathematical ability required for data collection. Patience and courtesy necessary when dealing with the public. Requires ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Attention to detail essential for data entry and administrative tasks. Ability to function well in a fast-paced work environment.
· Physical Demands: Prolonged periods of sitting and using the computer. Lifting printed material; assembling and rearranging furniture frequently for training and events.
· Candidate should possess strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication (oral and written) skills.
· Skilled in project development and implementation, with experience in successfully managing complex projects that involve multiple participants to achieve results.
· Able to work and communicate with diverse groups of people including advisory board, donors, clients, program and workshop participants, event attendees, the public and other staff.
Education and Experience
· Strong business and communication (oral and written) skills.
· Technically capability with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), electronic databases and online email marketing platform (Constant Contact).
· Prior nonprofit experience preferable.
· Bachelor’s degree preferable.
Oversight and Accountability
· The Program Coordinator reports directly to the Director of the MCBL.
· This is a full-time or part time position as an employee of the YWCA of Oahu, with an hourly salary and YWCA benefits commensurate with qualifications.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. It is understood that the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties. Job descriptions are reviewed periodically and may be revised if deemed necessary. This job description is not a written or implied contract