More and more people, both young and retiring professionals, are moving out of traditional employment to launch their own businesses as freelancers, consultants, and contractors.
“Freelancing from A to Z” will help you understand how to make a living as a full or part-time consultant utilizing your accumulated knowledge and expertise in your field. This workshop is packed with valuable start-up tips and will help you decide if self-employment is for you!
Seats are limited. Register today!
Deadline to register: March 26th
Topic: Start-up Assistance
This workshop focuses specifically on the business registration process in the State of Hawai'i. PRE-REGISTRATION PREP: • How to research your business name to ensure it's available to use • Tools for developing a powerful and effective brand name, logo and image • Tradename and trademark overview - resources to protect your brand • Overview of business entity types (sole proprietor, LLC, corporation, partnership) REGISTRATION PROCESS: • In-person vs. on-line registration • Step-by-step registration walk through • Annual reporting requirements BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: • Local resources for ongoing small business planning and development
Speaker(s): Noela Napoleon, Lead Counselor and Business Instructor
Fee: $ 25.00
Please pay at the time of registration. For questions call 808-695-2635.
Already Registered? Sign in for more information.
Patsy T. Mink Center for Business & Leadership (MCBL)
1040 Richards St. Ste. 105 Honolulu, HI 96813
Grab your friends and join us for a fabulous evening of seasonal food, wine and beer tasting in Elizabeth Fuller Hall, YWCA O'ahu. Our silent wine auction is sure to be packed with desirable labels and the Lucky Draw will have several fantastic high ticket items.
Limited sponsored tables available. Please contact Colleen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fee: $ 60.00
When: Monday, October 30, 2017 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Where: Fuller Hall, YWCA O’ahu, Laniakea
1040 Richards Street, Honolulu, (PARK AT ALII PLACE)
Who: Hawaii Emerging Leaders Graduating Class of 2017
Program: Includes Hawaii Emerging Alumni, Small Business Experts, Community Leaders
Hosted by: Patsy T. Mink Center for Business & Leadership (MCBL)
What: Graduation Ceremony, Heavy Pupu's, Cash Bar
$30 registration Fee (includes ONE DRINK)
The Emerging Leaders 2017 cohort plus, 1 guest, as well as the 2017 Guest Experts, may attend free of charge. Please use Promotion Code: EMERGING
All other guests please register and pay online. Each attendee must register separately.
MCBL & YWCA O'ahu are proud to support the 10th annual Wahine Forum on Thursday, October 26 at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Coral Ballrooms, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
We invite you to attend the conference where you can save $35 off regular admission when you register using the exclusive promotional code: YWCA-WF17
Join us and 800+ attendees at Hawaii’s largest leadership and career development conference for women. This year the theme is Work Together, Rise Together, focusing on the importance of effective partnerships and collaboration in the workplace. Connect with like-minded wahine and cultivate relationships at this a full day forum featuring national speakers and local leaders.
Morning General Session
“Pay It Forward: Women Helping Women”
Keynote speaker, Miriam Hernandez-Kakol of KPMG, will discuss the importance of women mentoring women, and offer specific steps businesswomen can take today to ensure the future is even brighter for the next generation of women leaders.
Attendees will also choose two workshops from the following:
· We Started At The Bottom, Now We’re Here
· Stand Out by Being Outstanding
· Handling Difficult Conversations & Making Difficult Decisions
· Live a Life Well Planned (Disclosure)
· Negotiating So Everyone Wins
· Leading Through the Generations
· Building Your Confidence
· It’s Not My Job
· Design Thinking
Closing General Session
“How We Rise”
End bullying, increase support, and build confidence. A talk story with local female leaders and Olga Khazan from The Atlantic, author of the article “Why Do Women Bully Each Other at Work?”
· Olga Khazan, Award-Winning Staff Writer, The Atlantic
· Marilyn Romano, Regional VP, Alaska Airlines
· Renée McKaskle, SVP & CIO, Hitachi Vantara
· Tiffani Bova, Customer Growth and Innovation Evangelist, Salesforce
· Amanda Corby Noguchi, , Creative Director & Owner, Under my Umbrella, & Co-Founder, Pili Group
· Ani Martirosian Menon, Regional Account Relationship Manager of Hawaii, KPMG
· Bliss Lau, Owner & Designer, Bliss Lau
· Bridgadier General Suzanne P. Vares-Lum, U.S. Army
· Brittany Heyd, General Counsel, 1776
· Divina Gonzales-Maruyama, Assistant Vice President & Team Leader, Wealth Advisory Division, First Hawaiian Bank
· Dr. Kim-Ahn Nguyen, President & CEO, Blood Bank
· Emily Porter, Executive VP, Operations and Strategy, MacNaughton Group
· Jana Lam, Owner, Jana Lam
· Joanne Lee, Associate, Goodsill
· Jodi Wilmott, General Manager, World Surf League
· Jules Kremer, Head of Developer Relations, Angula Team, Google
· Katie Kaanapu, Senior Manager of Marketing & Public Relations, China Oceanwide
· Katie McNeil, Principal, G70
· Kelly Hoen, General Manager, Outrigger
· Kristin Fernandez, MD, Medical Director of Pediatrics, The Queen’s Medical Center – West Oahu
· Lauren Nahme, Vice President of Strategy & Innovation, Kamehameha Schools
· Lavonne Leong, Senior Writer, Hawaii Business magazine
· Maile Meyer, Founder, Native Books/Na Mea Hawaii
· Malia Kaaihue, President, DTL Hawaii
· Maya Rogers, CEO, Blue Planet Software
· Miriam Hernandez-Kakol, Partner, KPMG
· Randi Fernandez, Hotel Manager, Prince Waikiki
· Robbie Dingeman, Editor, HONOLULU Magazine
· Shari Chang, CEO, Girls Scouts of Hawaii
· Siana Austin Hunt, President & CEO, Make-a-Wish-Hawaii
· Sunshine Topping, VP of Human Resources, Hawaiian Telcom
· Susan Eichor, President & COO, aio
· Terri Funakoshi, Director, Patsy T. Mink Center for Business and Leadership, YWCA
Workshop space is limited, reserve your spot today!
For more information and registration: