NOT FOR PROFIT BUSINESS
LAUNCH MY NON-PROFIT™
Launch My Non-profit™
If your group is developing a new program or initiative to help solve a social problem, then this course will be for you!
Launch My Non-profit™ is a 4 Week 22-hour course that takes aspiring nonprofit entrepreneurs through a sequence of lessons designed to help non-profit organizations, step-by-step, from the ground up. Under the guidance and instruction of a seasoned Not for profit business professional, participants will be equipped with the knowledge and resources necessary to turn their viable community development ideas into a non profit organization.
At MCBL, our instructional approach is focused on adult learners: incorporating visual aids, hands-on activities, one-on-one help and ongoing review to reinforce understanding and retention. Formative and summative assessments will be conducted throughout the course to assess effectiveness of instruction and guide course improvements.
Course topics include:
- Non-profit overview
- Grant Writing
- Grant Seeking
- Board Development
- Form 1023
Course instructors are seasoned non profit professionals with extensive, real-life experience as successful non profit entrepreneurs, non profit operators and executives. For selected workshops, subject-matter specialists are enlisted to provide expertise on topics requiring deeper exploration of financial, legal or technical topics.
- Knowledge and information that can be used to organize and launch a new non-profit organization, steps to write an application for Form 1023.
- LNP binder containing participant's notes, hand-outs, worksheets and Power Point presentations.
- Certificate of Completion
- 1 free follow up counseling session and use of the center for 6 months after completion
- Client Showcases
- Eligible for LNP & LMB Alumni program