Mink Leadership Alliance
Empowering generations of women entrepreneurs and leaders
The Patsy T. Mink Leadership Alliance is a 10-month program designed for emerging women leaders who are committed to personal growth, professional impact, and community change. This program further develops management and leadership skills in an effort to increase the representation of women executives in Hawai‘i. Through sessions facilitated by women, the cohort will have the opportunity to engage directly with established business professionals and build alliances with fellow Mink Leaders.
Who is Right for the Program: The Patsy T. Mink Leadership Alliance is looking for female professionals that are emerging leaders in their field and community.
- Are you a high potential learner?
- Do you love challenges and problem solving?
- Are you a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity & relishes complexity?
- Do you demonstrate leadership at work and in the community?
- Are you an ambitious forward thinker?
- Are you a life long learner?
- Are you interested in enhancing your supervisory/management skills?
- Do you want to lead & Inspire teams?
- Do you want to build your social capital via networking
- Do you want to make a positive difference?
- Do you wan t to enhance your influence and negotiation skills?
When: This is a 10-month program beginning on September 8, 2017 and culminating in a Graduation Ceremony on June 5, 2018. Over the 10 months, there will be 17 sessions, attendance is required at 15 sessions in order to graduate.
Note: Application for 2017-2018 Cohort will be available May 1 2017.
What You Can Expect: This program is designed to advance your management and leadership skills. The cohort will have the opportunity to engage directly with seasoned business professionals and build alliances with fellow emerging leaders.
Your Course of Study: As a graduate of the Patsy T. Mink Leadership Alliance you will enhance your business leadership skills with topics ranging from Leading Authentically, Leading a Collaborative Team, Strategic Planning, Financial Business Acumen, Negotiation & Communication and Innovation Magic. In addition you will have reserved seating at three Wahine Forum Network Luncheons and special seating and coaching at the Wahine Forum Conference.
Cost of the Program: $3,000
Organization & Participant Benefits
- Leadership development of a professional in your organization.
- Exclusive opportunities with recognized community leaders at special events including Downtown Uncorked.
- Reserved seating for participant at three Wahine Forum Network Luncheons.
- Special seating and coaching at the Wahine Forum Conference in October.
- Enhanced skills in the areas of:
- Strategic Planning
- Leading a collaborative Team
- HR Management
- Principles of Negotiation
- Financial Business Acumen
- Intrepreneurial Thinking
- Community Service
- Leading Authentically
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leveraging your Talents
- Social Capital Building
- Design Thinking
- Mink Leader Celebration and Alliance Pinning Ceremony.
- Company recognition as a contributor to the Patsy T. Mink Leadership Alliance will be publicized in all digital and print marketing materials.
- Participant recognition as an emerging leader in their field and community in local digital and print media.
Mink Leaders Cohort 1
2017 Leadership Alliance Inagural Cohort Graduation
Congratulations to the inagural cohort of Mink Leaders!
On behalf of the Patsy T. Mink Center for Business & Leadership (MCBL), we would like to extend our warmest congratulations to the Mink Leaders on their graduation from the Leadership Alliance program.
Having completed this six-month program, we hope you feel a sense of great pride and accomplishment. We also hope you'll take the knowledge you've gained, lessons you've learned, and relationships you've built with you as you pursue your professional goals and success.
Most importantly, we ask that you share your skills, talents and expertise to guide and uplift girls and women in your workplaces and communities, so that they may benefit from having a supportive and nurturing environment. it is only through working together and helping each other that we can all truly achieve success.
We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.
Sincerely- MCBL Staff
Terri Funakoshi, Director
Colleen McAluney, Program Manager
Kelli Namba, Program Coordinator
Leadership Alliance Graduation Slide Show
March 1, 2017